How can I get involved with YMI?

       
Twitter Facebook

sign up and receive email updates

Donate

YMI News Room


Have you ever thought of what it like to be a Christian teenager in a country that is CLOSED to the Gospel?

For one thing it is spiritually LONELY! Can you imagine living in a country that has limited access to Christianity, including Christian friends? YMI is training youth leaders for many countries around the world, including several that are hostile to Christianity. In these countries, less than 5% of the population is Christian, and the remaining 95% is mostly ANTI- Christian!

It is hard being a Christian teenager in any culture, even the U.S., with all the pressures and negative influences that go with just growing up. However, imagine adding to all that “normal” stuff, the disheartening reality of being a Christian teenager with hardly any other Christian friends to talk to and share life with.

I recently met several Christian teens in one of those closed countries that is hostile to Christianity, and I ask them if they would like to have an American Christian teenager as a “pen-pal” to email and talk to about their lives and struggles. They responded enthusiastically, “Yes, when can we start?” In one church, 9 teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17 signed up! [5 boys, 4 girls]. I approached a dynamic missions minded church youth group here in the U.S., and soon students from both countries will start emailing each other, sharing pictures, joys, sorrows, thoughts, encouragements, and prayers! The commitment is for at least one year and then each group will decide if they want to continue.

What a blessing it will be for teens in America to encourage and be encouraged, and the same for their new brothers or sisters in Christ who live in a completely different culture!

What a thrill to share blessings and challenges with each other and to fellowship in the Lord across thousands of miles!

I have committed to facilitating this “Christian Teenage Pen-Pal” opportunity for teens around the world. So if you ARE or KNOW a Christian teenager who would like to get involved in this “soul –care” ministry to one another, let me know, and we will try to connect you with a Christian teen somewhere in the world who needs a friend.

If you wish to sign up for the Pen-Pal program, email Erin at YMI (erin@ymitraining.com) and we will help you find a partner!

You will never regret it!

Blessings, Dr. Randy Smith, President Founder, Youth Ministry International

Back To News Share on Facebook